Neep Help?

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Help Others...

If you have lost a loved one in a tragic event you should try to help others as much as you can that are going through the same thing.  You know almost exactly how they feel and some advice could really help them push on.  They would probably appreciate the help from you.  But how would I know right?

Going back to a personal note, as you already know; my dad passed away suddenly my freshman year of high school.  I also happened to have a very close friend of mine that I had grown up with since first grade have a similar event happen.  Her mother suddenly passed away our senior year of high school without any warning.  Since I had been in that almost same situation I was the first called. 

It is always hard going through something like this, but it helps just to have someone who can understand your feelings.  Going through this event together were able to talk about things a lot more personal than she felt comfortable discussing with anyone else.  I answered questions that she had about the way she was feeling and if time really does help.  I was a stronger shoulder to cry on because I knew her pain for the most part.  I was actually someone that was put into her shoes and understood her feelings. 

Even to this day we still talk, she still asks questions, and we still cry together.  It is something that not many people can relate to and they should be thankful that they can’t.  But knowing someone that has been through it can help you on a whole new level nobody really understands. 

During this time, I even had people ask how I was doing.  If I was holding up alright, because supposedly everyone thought this death would trigger something for me about my dad and I would suddenly lose it again.  I didn't, yes it did bring back a few feelings but nothing that would “set me back” or whatever people would call that.  I was just grateful that even though I did go through it all, at least my experience would help someone else through their difficult time.   

2 comments:

  1. It is a relief to have a friend who has the same experience and feeling with you. I hope you can be better and better together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In any situation, it's nice to know that you're not alone in how you feel and that others can really understand where you're coming from. Having someone like that to speak with can be very therapeutic.

    If you find others that have been through/are going through the same situation, try having a few gatherings a month to speak with each other if it's not too painful to speak of and share the ways that you cope with it.

    ReplyDelete