Neep Help?

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Funeral...


The day of the funeral, the hardest day of the whole process.  The day we all say farewell to our loved one; the final goodbye.  This is a huge step for most people and very difficult to get through for many as well.  Seeing your loved one in a coffin is truly the biggest heart break you will ever feel throughout your life.  The funeral is the day for the break downs, the day for everything to become real and not just a terrible nightmare.  What makes it even harder is all the people there with you and watching as you struggle to find strength. 

For some the funeral is a healing process, to actually see that their loved one is really gone and as odd as it may seem it helps them.  It’s the first step in their grieving process that everyone will eventually go through.  It is the same process for everyone but we go about in different orders and different ways.

This website gives a very good explanation with that process. http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/000617

1 comment:

  1. I know this may be a bit personal, but when my grandparents died, for some reason it was really hard for me to go up to their coffins and see them "sleeping" in their coffins. You can tell that there is a difference in there faces and bodies when they've passed on and I guess for me I just wanted to remember my grandparents as they were when alive. I wonder, was this the same for you? Or were you at least comfortable with it?

    ReplyDelete