Neep Help?

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Back to Your Routine...

I had just started my freshman year of high school when my dad pasted away; actually try the first couple weeks of high school… I had just gotten used to my schedule and I was participating in volleyball and running cross country.  I was already super busy with my school work and practices and everything else that a high school student deals with whenever everything happen.  My day to day routine was as follows for the first couple weeks; wake up 5:00am and get ready for cross country practice at 6:00am, start school at 8:00am and end at 3:00pm, followed by volleyball practice from 3:15 to 5:30pm, then running another cross country workout after that.  The next day I would repeat.  I had gotten used to it, that is how it was going to be.

I took a week off of school before I went back.  During that week I did absolutely nothing but sit in my house and think.  No practices, no homework, no nothing, just sitting.  I was somewhat excited to get to school after that week, I wanted that normality back.  I wanted my routine back. 


Going back to school had its difficulties though, you could tell the emotion from some people they had for you for a while.  It made things awkward for me really.  Some teachers just acted like nothing had happened, while others kept me after class to express their sorrow and sympathy for me.  It took a while for everything to get 100% back to normal.  But I was willing to keep pushing until I got it back.  Getting back to my routine was all I wanted.  It definitely helped to keep myself occupied once again with all my work.  Staying busy is just something I think everyone should do while going through this. 
Photo credit: http://www.happylandlcc.com/daily.html

1 comment:

  1. I totally believe with you that get back to your normal routine and keep busy is a good way to get out of the sorrow. You were doing a good job! Running can help , too. That is a smart choice.

    ReplyDelete