Neep Help?

Friday, November 7, 2014

Is It Weird To Talk To Them? Nah...

Visiting the grave is an experience that never seems to get easier for me.  I’m not sure about anyone else but it is a struggle every time for me.  I can’t help but remember the memories of seeing the coffin and recalling everything about the funeral. 

I have found though it helps to talk it out, and yes I mean talk to the person who is under the dirt.  You probably won’t get the reply you are hoping for but it helps more than you would think.  To this day I still go have conversations with my dad, tell him about my life, what’s happening, how much I miss him.  You just have to believe they are listening and hear everything you are saying to them.  Who knows, maybe they do. 

You won’t cry every visit though after a while, I can testify to that one.  It takes a while to get over that whole factor but when you do it feels great; and taking flowers or whatever else you like to the cemetery becomes a lot happier of an experience to deal with because you feel better and it feels like you are actually doing something for them. 

This is a very good article dealing with this specific topic.

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend pass away in like 3rd grade and I would go to her grave often and just sit and talk. It really does help.

    ReplyDelete