Neep Help?

Thursday, August 28, 2014

First Reactions...

Every girl has that one terrible horror story from back in their early teenage years.  You know, the typical fear of your period, the fear of starting high school, and all that nonsense.  And I, Breann Hill, just like everyone else had one as well, except mine was a bit different. 

When I was fourteen just starting out my high school career my father unexpectedly passed away.  No warnings, no signs, it just happened. Toughest thing a fourteen year old could of had to face at that time, or at least in my case.  That night changed my life forever… How do you react to that?  I really don’t think there is a wrong or right way in this case.  Mind blowing, head exploding, nausea, dizziness, anger, fear, and even just plain astoundment with the situation; all of which I was feeling. 


Later that night all I remember was going back to my house with my mom and sitting.  Not crying anymore, not asking why, just sitting.  Letting it all really sink in so I could come to my senses and realize this was real life and it wasn’t a bad dream I would suddenly awaken from.  That was my first reaction to it all with a long road ahead no one can truly prepare for.                                                                                                                                                                                  photo credit Breann Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment